There are homes in the rural areas of Wanblee or on the reservation, also called the Rez, that do not have indoor plumbing, so families must resort to outhouses. Through volunteers, FWT has provided outhouses. The finished structure minimizes the risk of health concerns of sanitation caused by contamination and disease.
Homes with toxic black mold and other dangerous mold exposure is another major health concern. FWT provides information on mold remediation, removal, and clean-up as well as helping to provide help in the eradication of the problem.
EVENTS FOR THE CHILDREN
If you are currently one of our supporters or have been in the past we want to say a very grateful "pilamaya ye (thank you) to you
We can not do this work without you.
DONATIONS ARE ACCEPTED YEAR ROUND
1. Financial donations to support: Heat for families during the winter, food from the food bank, gas to get to the food bank(over 100 miles away) Walk in cooler for perishables. Food for Weekend Food Pack Program
2. Non-perishable/non-expired food items
3. Disposable diapers, Baby clothes
4. School book bags and supplies
5. New clothing, coats, hats, mittens/gloves, boots, shoes, new mattresses, blankets, bedding, used furniture,
6. Gardening and/or building repair tools, supplies.
7. Please contact us for a complete list of needed items.
WILL YOU HELP TODAY?
Call: 605 462 6888 or 901 870-7456
Robert Epps, Sr. and Mary Grimme Epps
356 SD Hgwy 44
PO. Box #321
Wanblee, SD 57577
©2013 Copyright. Families Working Together
Robert Olson, C.P.A.
7880 Sweeney Road
Barneveld, WI 53507
In efforts to make Christmas a little brighter, FWT sponsors a Community Parade Of Lights. Through donations to our organizations from generous providers we are able to provide the children of the reservation with gifts as well as fruit and cookies. The children look forward to this activity at the end of each year.
FWT also holds an Easter Celebration. Thousands of
eggs hidden by our volunteers for children to find.
Throughout the year we either sponsor or help to sponsor an event for the children almost every month. We recently started Creative Kids in Grandma Kitchen. A weekly healthy cooking class. We are in the process of setting up a sewing center for children and adults who wish to sew. This will include quilting.
605 462 6888